Wednesday Evening Zazen
On Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights, you can meditate under the guidance of a regular teacher. On Wednesday the main language is English. As a rule, we sit for two periods of half an hour with walking meditation in between. After the sitting periods, there is a short service and a dharma talk. On the last evening of the month, we sit for three periods followed by a tea ceremony. It is possible to have a personal interview with the teacher (daisan).
If you have any questions, you can contact contact Marieke Virya Sensei.
Read more about the Amsterdam Zen Center.
After the summer break, we start on Wednesday, Sep 6th, 2023.
Donation suggestion: €50 per month based on an authorization. You can use the web form on this page for registration.
- _Mon 8 - 10 p.m., led by Lolit Abhaya Sensei. Dutch.
- _Tue: 8 - 10 p.m., the guidance is alternated with Joke Dajun Roshi, Lolit Abhaya Sensei. You can also participate via Zoom. Dutch.
- _Wed: 6 - 7.45 p.m., led by Marieke Virya Sensei. English.
- _Thur: 7.30 - 9:45 p.m., led by Julia Jinne Sensei. Dutch.
- _Fri: 8 - 9.30 p.m., three periods of zazen, without ceremony and dharma talk.
If you want to participate in these evenings, it is necessary that you have completed an introductory course. Contact the teacher if you are not sure whether you have enough experience to join in.
meld je aan